Susannah M. Rooney is a vital member of the firm’s legal teams on some its highest profile matters, serving as a linchpin in researching and developing compelling cases on behalf of our clients. Her expertise in entertainment and media litigation make her an invaluable part of our successful representation of major media and entertainment clients. Ms. Rooney has developed an expertise in contract, intellectual property, and business tort disputes in state and federal courts, as well as antitrust matters. Ms. Rooney also provides pre-litigation advice to clients on a range of topics including copyright, trademark, right of publicity, and contract issues.
University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Order of the Coif
- Southern California Law Review, Senior Submissions Editor
- Carolyn Craig Franklin Merit Scholarship; CourtCall Award for Civil Procedure
Santa Clara University, B.A., Communications, 2008
- Magna cum laude
- Represented Pabst Brewing Co. in a high-profile dispute with rapper Snoop Dogg over the proceeds from a stock-sale transaction.
- Successfully defeated copyright infringement action on summary judgment on behalf of Viacom International related to the hit VH1 television franchise, “Love & Hip Hop.”
- Representing the estate of world-renowned singer Jenni Rivera in a breach of contract suit against her former manager and related production entities.
- Represented a media company in a dispute arising from the sale of its content distribution arm and achieved a positive settlement outcome.
- Represented a well-known social media company in a case involving the right of publicity.
- Obtained a dismissal in a contract dispute against a major motion picture studio regarding profit participations.
- Represented three plaintiffs in a founder’s lawsuit against a global producer of live events and entertainment content focused on electronic dance music, alleging plaintiffs were defrauded out of their rightful ownership stakes in the company.
- Irell & Manella, LLP, 2013-2015
- California, 2013
- U.S. District Courts
Central and Northern Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit