Shauna E. Woods’ practice focuses on litigation, counseling, and dispute resolution in complex business disputes. She has successfully resolved real estate, antitrust, intellectual property, trade secret, contract, securities, and employment disputes in state and federal courts for clients across various industries, including makeup manufacturing, small cell infrastructure, hotel management, and lock manufacturing. Ms. Woods has appeared and argued in numerous cases before state and federal trial courts. She also has provided pro bono representation to tenants seeking better living conditions and undocumented immigrants applying for asylum and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status.
Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Cum laude
- Alaska Law Review, Executive Editor
University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., History, 2010
- Cum laude, Departmental Distinction
- Recipient of the Dick Cook Award for Outstanding Research
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Hon. Virginia A. Phillips
- Lead associate in the defense of a lock manufacturer in antitrust litigation filed by a competitor.
- Lead associate in the defense of an employer which favorably settled a wrongful termination lawsuit filed by a former employee.
- Integral member of legal team which favorably settled a contract dispute brought against a mobile infrastructure company.
- Integral member of legal team, which defended a medical device manufacturer against allegations of market manipulation and securities fraud, which was favorably settled.
Pro Bono and Public Interest Litigation
- Represented an HIV-positive mother and her son who were seeking asylum.
- Successfully represented several children seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile Status in the United States.
- Assisted in the representation of a group of tenants who sued their landlord for various habitability issues within an apartment building.
- Successfully negotiated relocation benefits for a pregnant woman and her husband when their landlord renovated their apartment.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- Women’s Law Association of Los Angeles, Member
- JDRF Young Leadership Committee, Board Member
- “The ‘Middle Place:’ The NPR-A Impact Mitigation Program and Alaska’s North Slope,” 30 Alaska L. R. 263–94 (2013)
- Goodwin Procter, LLP, 2016–2018
- California, 2014
- U.S. District Courts
Central, Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of California