Sarah E. Moses has played a primary role in several large-scale, complex commercial cases, including an antitrust case affecting every major domestic movie studio. She’s been an integral member of legal teams handling cybersecurity and data privacy class action litigation, a multi-party toxic tort action, and a real property matter involving complex issues of indemnification, insurance coverage, and subrogation. In addition, Ms. Moses has handled labor and employment disputes and compliance issues for clients across the globe. Ms. Moses is committed to providing pro bono legal services and has worked with Inner City Law Center to protect the housing rights of low-income Los Angeles residents.
University of California School of Law, J.D., 2013
- UCLA Law Review, Symposium Editor
- Journal of International Law & Foreign Affairs, Staff
- UCLA Law, Peer Writing Advisor
Pace University, M.S., Education, 2008
Northwestern University, B.A., History and Communications, 2006
- Magna cum laude
- Dean’s List, Fall 2002–Winter 2006
University of Salamanca, Spain, Fall 2004
- Study abroad program in Spanish Language and Culture
- Served as counsel in cybersecurity and data privacy class action lawsuits representing retailers, hospitals, and other organizations whose customer, patient, or employee data had been hacked or otherwise exposed.
- Worked in conjunction with regulators, internal IT personnel, and senior-level management executives to determine the scope of potential security breaches along with the required response, litigation strategy, and settlement posture.
- Served as lead attorney in wage-and-hour employment class action involving issues of dual employer liability.
- Served as a lead associate in a multi-party toxic tort action with over 30 plaintiffs, including high-level expert analysis of medical and scientific issues of first-impression.
- Represented online retailer in a false advertising and unfair business practices class action, including successfully disposing of primary claims at pleading stage.
Media and Entertainment
- Served as associate in an antitrust case that affected every major domestic movie studio, including extensive motion practice on summary judgment and imposition of terminating sanctions for spoliation of evidence.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Served as the lead associate in a real property and civil rights dispute representing one of the largest renewable energy companies in the world.
- Successfully resolved the underlying dispute on settlement terms that were very favorable to the client, including analysis and navigation of complex issues between co-defendants of indemnification, insurance coverage, and subrogation.
- Wrote and prepared oral argument for a motion for summary adjudication and secured a ruling stating that the client engaged in no intentional conduct and could not be held liable for punitive damages.
- Served as associate in a lawsuit against a casino magnate related to unpaid compensation for services in procuring a gaming license in Asia.
- Secured relocation costs and housing for more than 50 low-income tenants from a slumlord as a result of pro bono representation in a lawsuit filed in conjunction with Inner City Law Center.
- Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office, Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Trial Advocacy Program, Volunteer Prosecutor
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession, Barristers Section and Litigation Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Business and Corporate Litigation Committee and Women Business and Commercial Advocate Committee, Member
- UCLA Street Law, Volunteer, 2013
- Workers’ Rights Clinic, Volunteer, 2010
- “Ninth Circuit Further Entrenches Circuit Split Over Standing in Data Breach Cases,”Data Protection Report, 2018
- “Appellate Court: Employer Owes No Duty of Care to Protect Employee Data Against Breach,” Data Protection Report, 2017
- “Fourth Circuit Weighs In On What Constitutes ‘Injury-in-Fact’ in Data Breach Cases,” Data Protection Report, 2017
- “New Jersey Passes New Drivers’ License Swipe Law,” Consumer Products Law Blog, 2017
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Law Update, 2017, Speaker
- Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, (Fulbright & Jaworski LLP), 2012–2017
Associate, Commercial Disputes Group, Los Angeles Office
Head of the Los Angeles Office’s “Women in Norton Rose Fulbright”
- Summit Entertainment (Lionsgate Entertainment), 2011
- The Rogers Group, 2008–2010
Strategic Communications Advisor for First 5 California, Los Angeles Office
- Teach for America, 2006–2008
Lead Teacher/Corps Member
- California, 2013
- U.S. District Courts
Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit