Nicole M. Cambeiro is an important member of KBK’s entertainment, media, and intellectual litigation practice, who is vital to the firm’s representation of industry-leading clients. She has deftly managed the development of key documents and arguments for clients in contractual and other disputes at the firm.
Ms. Cambeiro has successfully represented entertainment and media clients in complex commercial litigation involving copyright, trademark, and shareholder derivative suits. Her practice spans all stages of litigation, including pre-dispute negotiations, trials, and appeals.
Ms. Cambeiro also maintains an active pro bono practice. She successfully obtained “Special Immigrant Juvenile Status” for two children from El Salvador who had been placed in deportation proceedings.
Stanford University, J.D., 2016
- Recipient of Gerald Gunther Prizes for Outstanding Performance in Constitutional Law and Intellectual Property
- Recipient of Judge Thelton E. Henderson Prizes for Outstanding Performance in Religious Liberty Clinic and Advanced Religious Liberty Clinic
- Stanford Latino Law Student Association, Member
- Women of Color Collective, Founding Member
Vanderbilt University, B.A., History, 2013
- Cum laude
Supreme Court of Nevada, 2014
- Judicial Extern, Hon. James W. Hardesty
Entertainment, Media, and Intellectual Property Litigation
- Representing a plaintiff production company against the co-producer of a television show in a breach of contract dispute related to the co-production agreement.
- Representing Viacom in a dispute with a vendor related to certain walk-around character shoots.
- Represented a major motion picture studio in a copyright infringement lawsuit over The Conjuring movie franchise, including drafting the winning motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction and managing third-party discovery.
- Represented a major television studio in a profit participation lawsuit and successfully vacated the award of punitive damages worth over one hundred million dollars.
- Represented a news organization in a copyright infringement lawsuit over a documentary about the late entertainer Michael Jackson, including analyzing allegedly infringing material and complaint and conducting witness interviews.
- Represented a television studio in pre-litigation negotiations related to trademark claims.
- Represented an insurance company in pre-litigation negotiations related to a contract for various motion pictures.
Complex Commercial Litigation and Trials
- Representing defendants in a lawsuit brought against company founder stemming from the use of a racial slur.
- Represented the successful homebuilder Lennar© in a jury trial involving federal trademark infringement claims, which included researching and drafting the winning motion to exclude evidence of actual damages.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in complex litigation involving thousands of personal injury claims over the antipsychotic medication Risperdal.
- Obtained “Special Immigrant Juvenile Status” for two children from El Salvador who had been placed in deportation proceedings.
- O’Melveny & Meyers LLP, 2015–2019
- California, 2016
- U.S. District Courts
Central District of California