Nary Kim’s practice focuses on complex litigation, and she provides the expertise needed to develop a winning case for our clients. She has successfully resolved First Amendment, intellectual property, trade secret, construction defect, and employment disputes in state and federal courts. She is a skilled researcher and litigator who helps build a compelling and convincing case for clients ranging from energy drink manufacturers to visual artists.
University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, J.D., 2013
- American Jurisprudence Award in Entertainment Law
- Asian American Law Journal articles editor
- California Law Review member
Amherst College, B.A. with honors, 2009
- Recipient of the Ralph Waldo Rice Prize for best senior portfolio submitted to the English Department in consideration for honors
- Served as an integral part of a legal team that obtained a favorable judgment for a media company in a breach of contract action that was filed against the manufacturer of toys and entertainment products.
- Served as the lead associate on a team that obtained a favorable settlement for a real-estate developer in a construction defect dispute against the general contractor of a retail development project.
- Served as an integral part of a team that successfully settled a trademark dispute that had been brought by a major energy drink manufacturer against a competing manufacturer.
First Amendment Litigation
- Served as the lead associate on a team that obtained a favorable settlement for a California-based artist in a First Amendment case that was filed against the County of San Bernardino.
- ACLU Foundation of Southern California, Artistic Expression Award, 2014
- “Who Owns Your Company Facebook Account? #unclear,” Law360 (2015).
- “Capping Hours to Avoid ACA Costs Could Violate ERISA,” Co-author, CFO.com (2014).
- “Paparazzi Law Limits Our First Amendment Rights,” C0-author, Daily Journal (2013).
- Too Smart for his own Good? The Devolution of a “Model” Asian American Student, 20 Asian Am. L.J. 83 (2013).
- Jenner & Block, LLP, 2013–2015
- California, 2013
- U.S. District Courts
Central and Northern Districts of California