With a practice focused on complex litigation and white collar defense, Charles J. Snyder helps clients solve their most difficult problems. On the criminal side, he has won cases at trial, through motion practice and by convincing prosecutors to dismiss or never bring criminal charges. He has also played an integral role in complex civil litigations, successfully drafting and arguing motions in cases involving insurance and financial disputes, class actions, unfair competition, trade secrets, state antitrust, and employment. Mr. Snyder has experience coordinating domestic and international investigations, as well as briefing civil and criminal appeals. Since 2017, he has worked as a faculty instructor at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s trial-training programs.
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Pennsylvania, B.A. English, 2007
- Men’s Varsity Soccer
U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2014-2015
- Law Clerk, Hon. George H. Wu
White-Collar Defense and Criminal Litigation
- Tried and presented closing arguments in two federal jury trials, including a criminal case resulting in a client’s full acquittal.
- Argued motions and prepared briefs securing the dismissal of a conspiracy count in a bank theft prosecution.
- Wrote and argued motion resulting in the complete dismissal of charges for a client initially charged with 21 counts of aggravated mayhem and a $150-million insurance fraud.
- Assisted with litigation and drafted a brief that helped obtain the voluntary dismissal of a felony extortion case.
- Coordinated domestic and international investigations and participated in a Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation.
- Participated in a presentation that convinced federal prosecutors to voluntarily dismiss an indicted money-laundering case.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Argued motions and prepared briefs that played an integral role in securing the substantial exclusion of key Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports in a $40 million food-safety/indemnity trial.
- Wrote and argued successful summary judgment motions in cases involving novel issues of credit reporting in bankruptcy.
- Litigated class actions and other civil cases involving insurance, employment, unfair competition, trade secrets, state antitrust laws, and financial and privacy regulations.
- Drafted complaints, created discovery plans, and wrote and argued motions in civil suits involving general commercial disputes, unfair competition, securities, privacy, and civil rights.
- Briefed civil and criminal appeals in state and federal court.
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Faculty Instructor
- Southern California Super Lawyers – Rising Star (White Collar Crimes), 2017
- California Appellate Project
- Federal Pro Se Clinic
- Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Myanmar Lawyer’s Network
- Be the Match, Donor
- “Moneyball Lawyering,” 65 ARK. L. REV. 837 (2013)
- Cohen Williams Williams, LLP
Litigation Associate, 2015–2018
- Reed Smith, LLP
Litigation Associate, 2013–2014
- Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company (PAAMCO),
Financial Analyst, 2007–2009
- State Bar of California, 2012
- U.S. District Courts
Central District of California