Amanda D. Barrow has experience representing clients in a variety of civil litigation matters in both state and federal court. A former clerk for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Ms. Barrow is a skilled litigator who crafts compelling legal arguments for her clients. This year, she was an integral member of teams that successfully resolved a copyright dispute for a film distribution company and prevailed in a federal securities fraud case. She has also assisted in counseling clients through complex and sensitive internal investigations. Ms. Barrow maintains an active pro bono practice, serving as counsel for an amicus brief in support of preserving the existing protections of the Clean Water Act and successfully representing survivors of domestic violence seeking immigration relief.
University of California, Berkeley, J.D., 2016
- Order of the Coif
- California Law Review, Editor
- Certificate of Specialization in International Law
- Certificate in Public Interest and Social Justice
- Prosser Prize in International Law
Columbia University, M.A., International Relations, Human Rights, 2013
Amherst College, B.A., Political Science, with honors, 2011
- Recipient of the Rose Olver Prize for honors thesis
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Law Clerk, Hon. Richard R. Clifton
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Served as the lead associate and prepared motion for summary judgment in a successfully resolved tortious interference case against a major retailer.
- Represented and counseled a production company in a lawsuit brought against a sales agent relating to the critically acclaimed television series Das Boot.
- Drafted motion defeating putative class action involving false advertising and unfair business practices claims.
- Served as an integral member of a team that disposed of almost all claims against a law firm at the pleading stage in a case involving, among other claims, alleged violations of the Lanham Act and the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.
- Obtained dismissal of a securities fraud suit for a former member of a global asset management firm.
- Obtained dismissal of a federal securities fraud suit against a law firm.
White Collar Defense
- Engaged in extensive discovery, conducted witness interviews, and assisted in counseling Medicare Advantage organization in connection with an investigation into alleged anti-kickback statute and false claims violations.
- Served as counsel for an amicus brief in U.S. Supreme Court case that preserved the protections of the Clean Water Act.
- Secured permanent residency for survivor of domestic violence.
- Represented U-Visa recipient in removal proceedings.
- Served as a key member of an impact litigation team that crafted a federal case involving reproductive rights.
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP, 2017–2019
- California, 2016
- U.S. District Court
Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit